Do you need some extra motivation or are you searching for something to print out on your wall? Go through this gym quotes collection to boost your gym motivation and choose your favorite gym quotes from the following categories:
Obsah / Contents
Best Gym Quotes
Best gym quotes to fuel your motivation:
- "To be number one, you have to train like you're number two." - Maurice Green
- "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat." - Navy SEALs
- "Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction."
- "Everything is hard before it is easy."
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
- “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Exercise not only changes your body. It changes your mind, your attitude, and your mood.”
- Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of you.
Motivational Gym Quotes
Let's have a look at some quotes about gym motivation:
- Your fitness is 100% mental. Your body won’t go where your mind doesn‘t push it.
- “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.”
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Ashley Greene
- “You don’t know your limits until you push yourself past them.”
- “Commitment is pushing yourself when no one else is around.”
- “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.”
- . "If you always do what you did, you'll always get what you got." - Marian Diamond
“It’s not about how bad you want it, it’s about how hard you’re willing to work for.”
- "To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when no one else will." - Sugar Ray Robinson
- "A champion is someone who gets up when they can't."
- "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." - Tommy Lasorda
- "You get out what you put in. If you want more, give more." - Jeanette Jenkins
- "Your mind gives up before your legs do."
- "There are seven days in a week and someday isn't one of them."
- "If no one thinks you can, then you have to."
- "Turn a setback into a comeback."
More motivational gym quotes:
- “Think of your workouts as important meetings you have schledules with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.”
- “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- "A year from now, you're going to wish you had started today."
- "Nature builds things that are antifragile. In the case of evolution, nature uses disorder to grow stronger. Occasional starvation or going to the gym also makes you stronger, because you subject your body to stressors and gain from them." - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- "Your mind is the strongest and most valuable muscle you can grow in the gym." - Greg Plitt
- "We all have the same amount of hours in our day. Deciding how to use your hours is up to you."
- "Get enough exercise and sleep: Sounds trivial, but it's not. You may have the urge to work 24/7, to skip the gym and to stay up late to get a few more things done. That's short-sighted. Exercise and sleep are critical to having the physical and mental energy necessary to meet a challenge." - Gretchen Rubin
- Rather the pain of discipline, than the pain of regret. - Bob Andrews
Gym Quotes for Girls
- “You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.”
- “A lot of women like to be super tiny, but I don’t want a child’s body. I want a woman’s body that is extremely fit.”
- “It’s easier to wake up early and work out than i tis to look in the mirrior each day and not like what you see.” – Jayne Cox
- “Wake up, beauty. It’s time to beast.”
- “It is a shame for a woman to grow old without ever seeing the strenth and beauty of which her body is capable.” - Socrates
- “Train like a beast, look like a beauty.”
- “Make your body the sexiest outfit you own.”
- "Act like a lady, lift like a boss."
- "Work hard now, selfie later."
- "Be that girl that everyone looks at in the gym and says, 'I want her body.”
- "If you still look cute after the gym, you didn't work out hard enough."
- "Remember the girl who gave up? No one else does either."
- "Do it for the after picture."
- "Excuses don't burn calories."
- "You will get a lot more compliments for working out than sleeping in."
- "People will stare. Make it worth their while." Harry Winston
Gym Quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- "The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character."
- To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.”
- "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
Success Gym Quotes
- “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.”
- "It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure."
- “One of the most important keys to success is having the discipline to fo what you know you should do even when you don’t feel like doing it.”
- "Don't wish for it, work for it."
- "No alarm clock needed, my PASSION wakes me."
- "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
Gym Quotes about NOT giving up
- “When you want to give up just think of the people who would love to see you fail. Dont give them that pleasure.”
- “When you want to give up, remember why you started.”
- "Nothing comes easy, but as long as you're breathing, you're always one breath away from making your dreams a reality. Make every breath count." Kai Greene
- "Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn Vos Savant
- "Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success." - Denis Waitley
- "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
- "Don't let one bad day kill your confidence and progress."
- "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward." - Victor Kiam
Workout Gym Quotes
- “A one hour workout is 4% of your day. NO EXCUSES.”
- “When you feel like dying, do ten more.”
- “It hurts now, but one day it’ll be your warm up.”
- “Good things come to those who sweat.”
- “Don’t stop when it hurts, stop when you’re done.”
- "The real workout starts when you want to stop." - Ronnie Coleman
- "Working out is a reward, not a punishment."
Loosing weight Gym Quotes
- "A mile a day keeps the pounds away."
- “Look in the mirror… That’s your competition.”
- “Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.”
- “Sweat is your fat crying.”
- “You’ve always been beautiful. Now you are just deciding to be healthier, fitter, faster adn stronger.”
- "Stop rewarding yourself with food. You are not a dog."
- "You are what you eat, so don't be fast, easy, cheap or fake."
- "Eat clean. Train Mean. Get Lean."
- "I wear black to the gym because it's like a funeral for my fat."
- "Change doesn't happen overnight. Be patient."
- "Would you rather be covered in sweat at the gym or clothes at the beach?"
Spartan Gym Quotes
- “Walk in strong, crawl out stronger.”
- "Challenges are what makes life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
- "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid
Different Inspiring Gym Quotes
- ”REST. It’s part of the program. Musscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen and built in bed. ”
- "I would like to be the first man in the gym business to throw out my scale. If you don't like what you see in the mirror, what difference does it make what the scale says?" - Vince Gironda
- A gym is a sacred place which makes your life feel worth existing by putting the effort of care into the home of your soul called body! - Munia Khan
- "Those who think they have not timed for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." - Edward Stanley
- "On the other side of fear lies freedom."
- "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." - Michael Jordan
- "The biggest reason most people fail is that they try to fix too much at once - join a gym, get out of debt, floss after meals and have thinner thighs in 30 days." - Marilu Henner
- Before you worry about the beauty of your body, worry about the health of your body. - Amit Kalantri
Gym Quotes to print out to your desk
- “Push harder. Go longer. Mind over matter. You can do it.”
- “I will persist until I succeed.”
- “Be stronger than your excuses.”
- "Do something today that your future self will thank you for."
- "Go the extra mile. it's never crowded."
- Today is your day –
To start fresh.
To eat right.
To train hard.
To live heatlhy.
To be proud.
- Bonnie Pfiester
- Fall in love with taking care of yourself, Mind. Body. Spirit.
- "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
- "Strive for progress, not perfection."
„Feel Good“ Gym Quotes
- “Not for summer. Not for my ex. Not to be the skinny friend. For me and my body.”
- “I’m not training for a 5k. I am not preparing for a competition. I am not trying to set a new record. I am not trying to impress you. I am saving my life.”
- "That's the object of going to a gym, having fun." - Joe Gold
- When people tell me they can't afford to join a gym, I tell them to go outside; planet Earth is a gym and we're already members. Run, climb, sweat, and enjoy all of the natural wonders that are available to you. - Steve Maraboli
- “For me, exercise is more than just physical – it’s therapeutic.” – Michelle Obama
- "You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome - just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
- "Health is worth more than learning." - Thomas Jefferson
Fitness Gym Quotes
- “Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it, and expect it to work.”
- "No one ever drowned in sweat."
- "To change your body, you must first change your mind."
- "Fitness is not about being better than someone. Fitness is about being better than the person you were yesterday."
Motivational Gym Quotes – Weight lifting
- "My gym has two-pound weights. If you're using two-pound weights, how did you even open the door to the gym? What's your dream? To pump up and open your mail?" - Dave Attell
- "If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous." - Bret Contreras
- "There are two types of pain, the one that breaks you and the one that changes you. In the gym, pain is felt as a result of weakness leaving the body. Physical pain is the glue of transformation and the pain of progress. The more you endure the harder it gets to accept the thought of failure." - Greg Plitt
- "You get as big as possible from becoming as strong as possible. When I started lifting I went into the gym with that how much can I bench, curl, squat, and deadlift attitude. That's when I discovered how fast my strength could increase, and it made me crazy intense to get even stronger." - Kevin Levrone
- "The deadlift also serves as a way to train the mind to do things that are hard." - Mark Rippetoe
- "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." Henry Rollins
- "If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending.
Funny Gym Quotes
- "The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping up and down." - Rita Rudner
- "Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle." - Earl Blumenauer
- "Workout early in the morning before your brain has time to realize what you're doing."
- "If plan A didn't work, the alphabet has 25 other letters. Stay cool."
- "When future archaeologists dig up the remains of California, they're going to find all of those gyms their scary-looking gym equipment, and they're going to assume that we were a culture obsessed with torture." - Douglas Coupland
- "Just went to the gym and worked on every body part. Four people slapped me." - Bob Saget
- "A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time: pills or stairs." - Joan Walsh Anglund
Gym Quotes by Famous Personalities
- "As a kid, what brought me in the gym, what got me in there every day was a chance to break your personal best, a chance to be strong; I just really, really dig that." - John Cena
- "In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up." - Rich Froning Jr
- "If you make exercise your hobby instead of your enemy it becomes your friend; it's the one thing that will never let you down. It will always be there for you and it will always make you better than you were before. Remember every time you go to the gym, every time you put the right supplement in your mouth, you're better than you were ten minutes ago. The irony is most people know what to do, they just don't do what they know." - Sylvester Stallone
- "Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood and tears and effort in the gym every day. " -Gabby Douglas
- "You've got to block out all distractions when you train. Your focus has to be 100% on the rep. You've got to get into a zone. You know you're in the zone when guys in the gym look you in the eye and then quickly turn away 'cause they see the fire. You've got to be all business." - Mike Matarazzo
- "There's no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best." - Ronnie Coleman
- "I was never a natural athlete, but I paid my dues in sweat and concentration, and took the time necessary to learn karate and became a world champion.” - Chuck Norris
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong
- "Going to the gym was never about 'working out' like it is for most people. To me, It was a matter of life or death. It was either me or the weights-and I was going to win. I've always had that competitive streak, whether it was in the gym, on the stage, or In anything else I did." - Rich Gaspari
- "When I played basketball, I spent hours On the court practicing. When i became a body-builder, I was in the gym all the time. Like most beginners, I didn't really know what I was doing, but the more I did it, the more I loved it. I guess you could say I was a gym rat. Seeing my body change made me come back for more." - Phil Heath
- "Now I think that going to the gym is the best drug. I go four times a week and it gives me the buzz I need." - Amy Winehouse
- "From the beginning, what I was connecting within the gym was a universal energy source. I would just feel it flowing. Even when I was twenty years old, I called the gym my church. When I was there, it wasn't about being social; it was about doing my practice. I was in it. I was in the zone." - Shawn Phillips
- "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali
More Gym Quotes
- "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow." Mary Anne Radmacher
- If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
- "When working out, length is not a substitute for intensity." - Bill Loguidice
- A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. - Paul Dudley White
- "I always go heavy and I always go to failure. Even when I tell myself I'm gonna go easy, once I get to the gym and start working, I never end up going easy. I hate leaving the floor feeling like I could have done more weight or more reps. I just love working out and going further than I ever did before." - Branch Warren
- "I like to hit the gym early in the morning. I feel better throughout the day when I get in a workout first thing in the morning." - Derek Jeter
- Typically the worlds best athletes are minimalists when it comes to their training. They work hard and fast with few exercises. They master the fundamentals and work with them for years. This is the secret that no one wants to hear. - Greg Glassman
- "The way to get in shape is to go to the gym every single day, change your clothes and take a shower. If you can do that every single day for a month, pretty soon you'll start doing something while you're there." - Seth Godin
- "Some people like to live without too much risk. They're satisfied leading a safe existence.
- "Going to the gym is great for your body, but it's also great for your mind." - Rory McIlroy
- "It's a real strength for me that I've never minded the training process. It's something I enjoy. I really like being in the gym or, certainly, on the field." - Tom Brady
- "You can be certain that when you feel you are being most unfairly tested, you are being prepared for great achievement." - Napoleon Hill
- "There are some things that just aren't meant to be changed. Your body is not one of them."
- You surround yourself with great company, you become great. - Marie Blanchard
- "Don't be scared to LIFT HEAVY! You won't get huge and bulky, you'll just get amazing." - Jessie Hilgenberg
- "Every positive thought propels you in the right direction."
- "If you ever wonder about the correct way to do an exercise, the answer is: whatever hurts most. When your muscles cry out in a voice of their own, you've got it!" - Jason Love
- "If any of you have seen my shows, you know that I don't skimp on them and the same is true for the gym. We spend what it takes to make a globally first-class gym." - Madonna Ciccone
- "Just do it. Then do it again."
- Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? - Yoda
- "I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete." - Linda Evangelista
- "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general." Mark Rippetoe
- "Learn to love the burn."
- 1"When I'm fidgety, and I just feel like everything is closing in, I go to the gym. You're building endorphins and feeling good about yourself. It's saved me." - Khloe Kardashian
- "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'" - Muhammad Ali
- "Your current body is the only body that can take you to your new body so be kind to it." - Elaine Moran
Pin motivational gym quotes for later or to your friends:
Did these motivational gym quotes help you? Share them with your friends! It can help them too!
Adriana & Matěj
Travelers, sport enthusiasts and photographers behind this blog. Creating high-quality and informative guides for your travels. Read more about us here.
We are regularly updating all of our posts, however all the places are changing quickly and sometimes it's hard to see all the changes. Theferove we would be glad if you could tell us about any change you have found.