Are you looking for vegetables that start with letter D? You have found the right place. Let’s have a look at some well-known and some less-known vegetables that begin with D.
- Daikon is mild-flavored winter radish.
- It’s originally native to continental East Asia.
- Daikon is used in Vietnamese, Indian, Pakistani, or Filipino cuisine.
- Fresh and dried dill leaves are widely used as herbs in Europe and Central Asia.
- Dill leaves are aromatic and are used to flavor many foods such as various fish dishes, soups, or pickles.
- Originates from New Zealand.
- It is a food staple in African, Oceanic, and South Asian cultures.
- The natural sugars give it a sweet, nutty flavor.
- The entire plant, including the leaves, stems, flowers, and roots, is edible and nutritious.
- Dandelion greens have been a part of traditional Spanish, Italian, Albanian, Slovenian, Chinese, or Korean cuisines.
- Used in Chinese cuisine (as gum jum or yellow flower vegetables).
- Used in hot and sour soups, daylily soup, Buddha’s delight, moo shu pork.
6) Delicata Squash
- It’s a variety of winter squash.
- Most commonly baked, but can also be microwaved, sautéed or steamed.
- Has creamy flavor and texture.
7) Dolichos Bean
- Often grown as forage for livestock and as an ornamental plant.
- Sometimes used both as a medicinal plant and a poisonous plant.
- Used as vegetables and traditional herbal medicine.
- The taste is similar to asparagus, with a hint of green beans, though sweeter.
- Dulse is a seaweed (sea vegetable) with salty flower.
- Often consumed as a snack or as a topping for salads, potatoes or popcorn.
10) Dinosaur kale
- Has a long tradition in Italian cuisine.
- Its taste is slightly sweeter and more delicate than curly kale.
- It’s called dinosaur kale because its bumpy leaves may resemble what dinosaur skin looked like.
- Dubberlocks is edible seaweed (sea vegetable).
- It’s is a traditional food along the coasts of the far north Atlantic Ocean – in Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, and Ireland.
Did this article about vegetables that start with letter D? Share it to your friends!
Adriana & Matěj
Travelers, sport enthusiasts and photographers behind this blog. Creating high-quality and informative guides for your travels. Read more about us here.
We are regularly updating all of our posts, however all the places are changing quickly and sometimes it's hard to see all the changes. Theferove we would be glad if you could tell us about any change you have found.